Gerardo joined Chevez, Ruiz, Zamarripa in 2006 and was admitted as partner in 2018. His practice focuses on international trade and customs, energy sector and regulatory affairs. He focuses his international trade practice on import/export projects related to maquila operations, complex tariff classification, Free Trade Agreements, customs valuation, contractual supply chain and antidumping procedures. In the area of energy, he has obtained PROSEC authorizations for solar farms, permits for importation and distribution of fuels, as well as energy permits granted by the Energy Regulatory Commission.
• Chairman of the International Trade Committee of the Mexican Bar Association(BMA) from 2019 to 2021.
• Chairman of the International Trade Committee of the Mexican College of Public Accountants (CCPM) from 2018 to 2020.
• Coordinator of the Foreign Trade Committee of the Mexican-German Trade and Industry Chamber (CAMEXA).
• Visiting lecturer in “Creation of a Supranational Law” at the Escuela Libre de Derecho (ELD) in Mexico City (Independent School of Law).
• JD Degree from the ELD in Mexico City.
• LL.M. in Finance from the Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main.